Picture of Nicole Boakes
Do you fancy being part of a half-marathon team that will make a difference?
by Nicole Boakes - Thursday, 4 June 2015, 11:32 AM

‘COME on board and join the Ark100 team’ – that’s the rallying call from Mark Jones, who is looking for recruits for the Destination Basingstoke Phillips Half-Marathon.
Mark, who joined Ark Cancer Centre Charity in February as director of fundraising and communications, wants as many runners as possible to pull on their running shoes and pull in the pounds for the charity.
The team has been named Ark100 because Mark is hoping that each of the participants on the charity’s team will raise £100 – and he is also hoping that the team itself will number 100 entrants.
“I know that getting 100 people to sign up for the half-marathon is an ambitious goal but I really hope that local runners will get behind the charity and the cancer treatment centre project, which is going to save lives and change so many lives for the better,” said Mark.
Mark added: “There has never been a team of 100 runners for one good cause in the half-marathon before, so I am hoping that our Ark100 team can set a new record as well as raising vital funds.”
The charity is seeking to raise £5million towards a state-of-the-art cancer treatment centre that will serve people in the Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust area, including Basingstoke and Deane, Hook, Odiham, Hartley Wintney, Andover and Winchester.
Entry to the race is £30. Anyone who wants to join the Ark100 team should contact Mark on mark.jones@arkcancercharity.org.uk or call 01256 360419 and he or his colleague Jane Barnes will able to send over all the details on how to sign up as well as information on the Ark100’s JustGiving page.

another fine moodle you've got me into