Picture of Nicole Boakes
FASHION SHOW AND EXHIBITION SHOWS WHY WE ARE BRILLIANT AT BCOT!
by Nicole Boakes - Thursday, 16 June 2011, 12:29 PM

FANTASTIC! AMAZING! INSPIRING! These are just a few comments from those who attended BCOT’s Creative Arts and Technologies Departments spectacular end of year Fashion Show and Exhibition.  Now in its 28th year, this is an opportunity for students from a range of A-level equivalent courses and the BA (Hons) Textiles for Fashion to showcase their work.

Friends, family, staff and fellow students were invited to view the extensive and impressive exhibition before settling down to the Fashion Show where, for some students, the culmination of three years hard work was on display for all to see.

fs

Donna Kitchen, Head of Creative Arts and Technologies at BCOT said:

“I am incredibly proud of every student involved in this year’s Fashion Show and Exhibition.  The impressive demonstration of work is realised through dedication and a truly talented group of staff and students who have been involved in every aspect of the show from set design and construction, DVD production and of course, modelling.  “It is wonderful to see the network of support across college to make these shows happen.  Special thanks must also go to the Hair and Beauty students and staff for their time and patience and making our models look so incredibly professional.”

The Fashion Show ended with the designers taking to the catwalk with their models to receive much-deserved applause from the audience.  

Donna Kitchen ended the evening by thanking all the staff and students for their incredibly hard work and said:

“This show and exhibition clearly demonstrates what a talented group of students we have here at BCOT and how much they can achieve. 

“In the last two weeks I have learnt of some incredible success stories involving past and present learners.  One of our students has secured a six week work experience placement at Vivienne Westwood.   Another former learner is now working at The House of Alexander McQueen (designers of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton’s wedding dress), and a third emailed to let us know that her scarves are now on sale at Liberty.

“These are amazing achievements and shows that with hard work and determination, your career really can start here at BCOT!”

fs

another fine moodle you've got me into